Thursday, September 3, 2009

New Yoga practice


A friend in Wisconsin recently dreamt that we took a yoga class together with Gurmukh at Golden Bridge. Always inspired by the creative suggestions of others, I decided to take a few Kundalini yoga classes at the Golden Bridge studio on Centre Street. Many of the yoga classes I have taken around town have been focused on the aerobic aspects of vinyasa yoga, so I appreciated the spiritual aspects introduced to the practice. However, I could do without the overuse of the gong and quasi-scientific explanations for how the body operates. 

Another acquaintance mentioned taking jewelry classes at the JCC.  Besides a standard knitting class that interests me, I am intrigued by the possibility of taking a shoe making class. My goal is to start with crafting simple moccasins and graduating to Mary-Janes and T-straps.

No comments: