Monday, November 26, 2007

Brooke


On the train last night, a stunning woman pushing a stroller entered the car with her two children and husband. Once seated most of the couple's energy was directed towards calming their restless girls.

I recognized the face from under the newsboy hat. Brooke Shields looks fantastic at 42.

She made eye contact with me (probably because I was gazing again) and then smiled. I returned the smiled and nodded in respect for privacy. No one noticed them.

Her public appearance left me thinking about how her emergence in the media of the 1970s shaped my life. Having been taunted by my peers for having a "uni-brow," among other things, in my youth, I was suddenly transformed into the "exotic" largely due to Brooke because of changing public perception of thick eyebrows.

Kudos for taking public transportation.

No comments: