Saturday, March 7, 2009

Apple Wheel


Apple Introduces Revolutionary New Laptop With No Keyboard

I woke up this morning to the sound of Galvino ripping apart my Toshiba laptop keyboard (sister's cat tipped water on it & it still doesn't work) and watching YouTube videos touting the virtues of the mini Dell netbook. So, I've been inquiring on Twitter about the netbook market.

My fantasies of getting a Mac notebook have been squashed because my husband has a deep, residual resentment towards most things Apple (his iPod touch being the exception), and most of their devote followers. He rails against our 24-inch I-Mac, like an unwanted child, showcased in our living room.

As evidence of consumers' susceptibility, and to prove his point, "Galvino" showed me video about the Apple "wheel" slated to roll out shortly. I was too far away from the monitor to detect the Onion logo, but the consumer who is willing to buy anything by Apple because it's "shiny" instantly gave the story away.

No comments: